Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've known about rennet for ages, but luckily one of the biggest health food store chains in my city (I am in Germany) sells mostly vegetarian cheese, and marks on the label whether the rennet is from animal or non-animal sources. I wonder if Whole Foods does / could do that?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Oh wow, I must have totally forgotten about that! I assume I read about it when I became a vegetarian a few years ago but now that I'm reminded again.. ugh, I feel ethically torn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. View Post

I've known about rennet for ages, but luckily one of the biggest health food store chains in my city (I am in Germany) sells mostly vegetarian cheese, and marks on the label whether the rennet is from animal or non-animal sources. I wonder if Whole Foods does / could do that?

P.J.,

would you mind sharing with me what the name of the health food store chain is called? I'm German and we're in Germany 2x a year and also planning on retirering there eventually.

For here I guess I'll have to stop using cheese altogether, which isn't going to be easy as already finding things like tofu is hard, not to mention vegetarian cheeses!!!..

Thanks for the thread though! Gave me food for thought!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.