Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made and not eaten more food in the last few days. The only things that are tasting right are fresh veggies, raw. If they are cooked then they are off too. So salad is good. The only other things that taste right are chocolate chip cookies
: and oatmeal with maple syrup. There are probably a few others, but that's the main list. This is not a wide enough variety of food, obviously.

My raging craving for hot and spicy ended when I got something "Indian hot" two weeks ago. It didn't *taste* hot to me, but my intestines did in fact think it was too spicy.

Anyone else having wonky taste buds again?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Right about now I start to ask about getting an IV for food needs. Taste buds have gone beserk and all food smells aweful.
Sadly, they think I am kidding about the IV....

Julia

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I've noticed that things taste weird too. I made my favorite meatloaf recipie last night, with mashed potatoes, etc. It smelled SO good, but I thought it tasted really funky. DH loved it, me not so much!! I haven't lost my appetite though, I am still eating alot!

·
Registered
334 Posts
My homeade chicken soup is tasting AWEFUL. But I have been really protein focused and those things taste real good - but I don't get the desire to eat. I am trying to eat 150 mg of protein for the twins and I start the day with a protein shake and I think that nix's my desire for the rest of the day. I eat - but I am forcing myself at times. but I know the twins need protein every couple hours to grow properly and to give myself the very best full term homebirthing options - so I do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts