Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, I wonder why....

75% of the vaccine-related posts on Pinterest are negative towards vaccination, according to research published in Vaccine. The authors of the study, from Virginia Commonwealth University in the US, are calling for better communication about vaccination.
Better communication on what? How great and infallable they are? You betcha!

Must. Destroy. All. Naysayers.

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160201130906.htm

·
Registered
18,838 Posts
It supports the idea that the non-or selective or delayed vaxers speak up more than the compliant folks who follow the recommendations. For whatever reasons.

Hence all the attempts to get the compliant people riled up so they'll speak out and act up. The problem is that compliance is the opposite of riled up and acting out.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It supports the idea that the non-or selective or delayed vaxers speak up more than the compliant folks who follow the recommendations. For whatever reasons.

Hence all the attempts to get the compliant people riled up so they'll speak out and act up. The problem is that compliance is the opposite of riled up and acting out.
I think too there might be matter of demographics at play. I know many parents who use Pinterest to help plan classroom parties/etc. So it may be that P caters to parents therefore issues concerning children are apparent where on FB there is a wide range of participants. Of-course listening to parents is not very scientific as the article clearly points out. :eyesroll

1 - 4 of 4 Posts