Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
I'm looking for a mother's helper in NYC and was wondering where to even start looking. Does anybody know of any good websites or know of someone who would be interested? I have a 10 month old daughter and I would be at home at the same time with her and am really just looking for someone who could play with her and take her to the potty while I work on my thesis. I'm hoping to pay $10 per hour because we're pretty tight on money. Is that even possible in NY?<br><br>
ETA: We're looking for someone that could come in the mornings from 9-12 M-F. Also English is not required, DH and I both understand Spanish (well, we speak Portuguese but can understand enough to get by).

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Hey!<br>
We live right outside NYC :]<br><br>
I think it's def possible, especially since you're going to be home. I would try Craigslist first -- I have found two phenomenal mothers helpers from there and I've tried the pay services too like GoNannies and Care.com<br><br>
Figures the one that's free is the best!<br><br>
Just post an ad with what you're looking for and I'm sure someone will email you. Do the whole reference/backround check and you should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts