Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hubby and i live in the mountains and we often hike on local trails that can sometimes be a little rough and narrow. i think we'll probably babywear while hiking but is there a mountain version of a stroller?

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Mostly when hiking we babywear - if it's a REALLY easy/flat/gravel or dirt trail we might use the Bob Revolution stroller. But it'd need to be a pretty easy trail, too many dips/roots/etc. will be too much for a stroller even a good jogging stroller with shocks.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
We live in the mountains too & have actually opted out of a stroller altogether. I just don't see how I could possibly control on the steep downhills - I'm much too afraid of losing control of it.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
We've got a Mountain Buggy Terrain (got it from friends, who already used it for years with their 3 children!). It is excellent. I need it just to manouver the steep, uneven and curvy streets and sidewalks of our suburb! I've used this one, as well as other push-chairs as a nanny around here for years, and I think the Mountain Buggies are best. (Phil & Teds are good too, but more expensive). However, it works really well in the bush, is extremely sturdy and has a strap from the handle that I always put around my wrist - in particular to make sure I don't drop the stroller when walking down very steep roads.<br><br>
It is also the <i>only</i> place DD has ever wanted to take her day-time sleeps in! We do use a sling, but it has taken months to get DD to accept it - she hated it at the beginning!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts