Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am such a worrier and just wanted to see what kind of movements you ladies are experiencing. Last month my little guy was kicking SUPER hard. His movements would be so hard they would sometimes startle me.

The last couple weeks I have only been experiencing very light subtle movements. I still get the occasional hard kick but for the most part they are more gentle and I am getting many more sliding movements than actual kicks.

I do kick counts and he usually hits 10 movements withing 10 minutes or less but I am still just worried that his movements aren't as strong. Are you guys experiencing anything like this or do you think I am just worrying about nothing?

I really try not to worry and stress but I just want my little guy to be ok. Any advice to ease my mind?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Mine isn't kicking all that often, either. He pushes his head out a lot, and I get more gross movement - we're playing at I-push-you-push quite often. But yes, it's very different. They're getting all squished now :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad to know that my little guy isn't the only one slowing down on kicks. And I figured space had something to do with it. My midwives told me as long as hes moving 10 times in an hour they are happy. She said it could be ninja moves or yoga poses. lol I think hes more into the gentle yoga poses at this point!
orngbiggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think it's normal to feel different kinds of movement. One, they are running out of space so less room to wind up and kick. Two, they change positions so it may be more difficult to feel a particular movement in one area of the belly versus another. And three, just like us, they have slower days and active days. I think it's easy to worry...I do it too...but as long as I notice the little one moving, I'm okay. If I went more than a day or two with nothing but subtle movements, I might be worried, but there's also some sort of thump or roll in there. I think your little guy is fine.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reassurance ladies! I just need to try not to worry as much. Its hard though as I can't see exactly what this little guy is doing and his movements are the only thing that assure me all is well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine is doing more rolling, sliding and pushing lately than kicking. I mean she'll kick every so often and it's really hard, but mostly rolling, and pushing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.