Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 19 wks pg, and have a question about movement. When your baby is moving, where do you feel it? Is it generally one spot, or sort of all over?

I ask because I feel movement mostly in one spot--a lot of kicking on my lower right side. I also feel movement on the upper-left....and some in the middle. No biggie.....but just now I was laying in bed with my hand on my belly (enjoying the kicks!), and I felt movement in all 3 places at once--or at least quickly following movement in other areas. With my left hand on my lower belly, I felt big movement at my fingertips, along the base of my pinky, and at the heel of my thumb.

So....is that weird? Can one baby, at 17 wks gestation, make all that movement at once? I haven't had an ultrasound, and I am seriously beginning to wonder if it is more than one baby. Also, 3 people in the last 2 days have asked if I'm carrying twins, because my belly is big. So bring on the stories of singletons dancing all over the place, please! LOL!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Oh yeah, when my babies get moving I feel it in more than one place fairly often. It all depends on the way the baby's facing & how he/she is positioned, I think.

Are you planning on having an u/s to rule out multiples?

Shannon

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
There have been times where it seems like Whinnie is spinning around while she kicks, as it feels like she's everywhere -- but not in a spastic way.

I've had an u/s to so I know there's only one wombling in there right now and although I was measuring big weeks ago, I'm not measuring right on.

This baby has carried differently than my sons, too, which is what made me wonder. I showed earlier and differently. I look like I have a watermelon stuck to my front now, which is not how I was shaped with the boys. Maybe it's just a girl thing...

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not planning an US to rule out multiples, although dh would like me to have one pronto, lol. I was planning one later on to feel more "prepared" for a homebirth (a quick peek to rule out any obvious concerns).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.