Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been feeling slight *pops* since almost 18 weeks...yesterday i got my first real *kick* when i gulped some water...i haven't really felt the little guy too much today if at all nor have i got another big kick again. for some reason this worries me...when do things start to get more distinct and consistant? when something happens, then doesn't it causes me to panic...
:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't really know, since this is my first also, but FWIW I first felt movement about a week and a half ago, and have only felt it a few times since then. I am also happy each time I feel something.

BTW...did you get married?!?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, we got married! i need to update my siggy...i need to figure out how to post pix. the bump was cute in the wedding dress...plus my unborn son got his first swim in the ocean.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I can't remember when it b/c's more regular. (Congrats on your wedding btw!) I do know each week I feel the baby more and more. I have been feeling it for 3 wks now and now feel it everyday.
I think I read you don't need to start keeping track of movemnets until 28 wks or so.
HTH

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'm pretty sure you don't worry about counting movements for another month or so. DD was kicking for quiet awhile before I had to start keeping track of it.

At this stage the babies are still so small that it's really easy to miss their movements. Especially if you're doing anything but sitting still, and depending on the direction the baby is kicking.

Call your practioner though if you're really worried!

Holly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.