Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is gonna be sorta bloggy, but I had to share this with someone and while I'd love to share it with my tribe, it is the Not Mama's Yet Tribe, I don't wanna always talk baby with them.

I've been feeling the baby move for a week or so now. It is SO cool! I LOVE it, little thumps and bumps. i never did feel the fluttering i've heard about. It went straight to thump-thump. The other day I even felt it with my hand on the outside. The only downside is that I can't tell when s/he will be thumping so I can't grab my Dh hand to share. I'm gonna keep trying though. He'll feel it eventually. Last night i felt a bump and grabbed his hand, but the show was over, we waited about 15 min.
Hopefully we'll be successful tonight.

I also find myself talking to the babe more often now. I think the movement makes it a little more real.

I'm also occassionally wearing Maternity pants now. I don't have much and most of what I do have is summer clothes and not always appropriate for work. I can wear my jeans, but they are starting to get uncomfortable, but the maternity pants start to sag pretty quickly so I'm always pulling them up after I stand up from sitting. oh well.

okay, my little bloggy post is over now.
feel free to comment and share your own thoughts etc...

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Congratulations on movement!
: I love it, too! I can't feel it from the outside, but I know it will come any day now. It will be nice for DH to experience the movement, too.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful experience. This is such an amazing journey, isn't it?

I have been in maternity clothes for a while now. Someone gave me a ton of tops, but I am short on the bottoms.

·
Registered
689 Posts
<-- that's me being happy for you.

<--that's my picture of your little babe.

Congratulations mama.

I agree the thumps and bumps make you feel more connected, make the whole baby more 'real'.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I've been feeling the bumps from the outside for about 5 weeks now, and DH *still* hasn't felt it! Every single time the baby moves and I tell DH to put his hand on my belly, he does it, and then baby stops.
We went through this for a long time with DS #1 as well. I think my boys just like messing with their father.

But yes, eventually, the thumps will not be quite as sporadic, and DH will get to feel them. It just takes a while, especially for a first preg.

This baby... he's been hanging out facing my back, so I don't get much in the way of kicks and punches (except bladder punches! Lots of those!), but I get big back/butt/head bumps right in the middle of my belly, so they're easy to feel if they happen at the right time. He just doesn't do those *that* often yet. I think I feel more punches to the bladder than anything else.
The similarities between my two boys in the womb is amazing...

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Congratulations on feeling baby move! It is so amazing.

Mine have all done that to my DH, too, they'll be in there doing gymnastics or something, then as soon as I signal DH to come feel, nothing LOL.

This one is getting stronger, and at times it feels as if he or she could be felt from the outside, but not yet. Pretty soon!

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Movement = bliss, especially at this point in pregnancy when they aren't stomping on any particular organ...

Enjoy and blog on!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That's so cool. I know that you were anxious to feel it.

I've felt mine several times now as well. Very faintly. Mostly thumps, I could never be sure about the fluttering. I haven't felt it from the outside yet.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Congratulations! It's really cool isn't it? It definitely strengthens my connection to the baby inside when they start moving around...

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yay for movement.
My blog link in siggy is not updated but the blog itself is... so you'll have to go read my most recent entry on pregnancy feelings. Baby's movements were making me laugh uncontrollably the other day. :p

Awww, and now he/she is moving again.
I love our baby.

Question for other more experienced mamas... I feel the kicks in my intestines more often than on the surface of my tummy... is that indicative of which way the baby is facing? Just wondering.

Andrea, edd 12-9-06

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
For me, kicks like that mean that the baby is, at that moment, breech and is kicking downwards. That's what I've been feeling more of lately and she was indeed breech at the u/s a couple of days ago.

Movement is the best! I've been getting many more strong kicks today than in any previous day...and everyone of them makes me smile!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts