Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello,
I am originally from New orleans, but am living near NYC. My family and i are moving back which is funny because we breastfeed, have homebirths, homeschool, use cloth diapers and never really found anyone that connected with in the city - well noone we really got to know well.

Anyway I have two boys 4months and 3 years. we would love to know what AP and or Waldorf stuff is happening here. Feel free to PM me. Being a new mommy to two children has its challenges and I would love to have support as well as give it.

P.S. We used to live in the lower garden district, but for now we are living with a family member across the river. I have a car though so don't mind coming uptown as a matter of fact I like it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hi Lunamomma! Welcome back home. I know what you mean about not meeting too many cloth diaper, extended bf, homeschool, homebirth parents here. IRL we don't meet too many either. There are a few of us and some even on the west bank.

We've been meaning to get together since mum2a&a got here about a month ago. I'm sure you know about having lots going on!! Hopefully, they'll tack on here and we'll get something organized soon!

i've pm'd you too.

tug

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there! Just wanted to say a quick hello and let you know you're not alone
, I just moved here from CA (I'm in Slidell) and find that I stick out like a sore thumb hauling my youngest around in his sling. LOL

Anyhoo, welcome back home. Feel free to pm me too if you'd like, I'm up for a get together with everyone--even if it involves driving!

Take care!
Sandye mom to Devin 10/03/00 & Ryan (bf'd & cd'd) 05/02/03

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, I haven't checked in here in quite awhile. I had a thread in this forum a year or so ago, it was a very lonely thread.

Hi I'm Laura and I live over near City Park and the Fairgrounds, I have a 3 yr old boy and just gave birth (at home) to my now 6wk old daughter (who probably needs her cloth diaper changed soon). I'm pretty lucky in my neighborhood because although none of my neighbors home birthed or cloth diapered, they all respect my choices, plus I know some mamas who have done all of that here too!

I'm always game to meet new mamas, so if you all get together, I'd like to tag along. I have to update my info to make sure the email addy is correct, but I will also keep an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
so, we used a bjorn and we cloth diaper and the sad thing is, our neighbors are too uninterested in us to even give us weird looks about any of it much less be cool about it. is that an uptown thing?

also, if anybody is interested in getting together in the new orleans area, check out the thread on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.