Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what age did your child move from a crib to a toddler bed? We are expecting a second baby now and trying to figure out if we should plan on buying a new crib or moving our son to a toddler bed (he'll be 20mths when the new one is born which will likely be able to spend a couple of months in a bassinet).

· Registered
7,597 Posts
My oldest hated his crib and we only used it a few months. We moved him to a mattress on the floor and then a toddler bed at 15 months.

My youngest never used a crib and he got the toddler bed around 19 months.

· Registered
340 Posts
I moved DD to a twin bed on the floor in a new room when she was 21 months about 2 months before her brother was born.
She was excited about her big girl room and bed. She had a little tough time transitioning to the bigger bed but it helped when we put a body pillow along the wall and a side rail to make it seem cozier and keep her from falling out.

· Registered
5,829 Posts
We had the crib side carred until this year when we sold the crib on ebay. It mostly held extra dolls, pillows and blankets.
We kept the crib mattress and it is now on the floor on my side of the bed. Abigail is nearly 4 years old and is just beginning transitioning to sleeping on the crib mattress next to our bed all night. Sophia is 2.5 years old and still sleeps between me and the edge of the bed (Abigail had the middle spot).

· Registered
530 Posts
DD hated her crib too. She loved her cradle and then our bed. We turned her crib to a toddler bed when she was 13mos old and she slept 8 hours in it! Now she alternates b/w her bed and our bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.