Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of tuesday evening I'm a single mom again. It was quick, I went from one moment thinking I was happily married (dealing with issues but willing to deal with them) to being single with no question of ever getting back together.

So, here I am

And while none of my marriage problems were worth giving up on my marriage before the event that ended it I am releaved and confident and looking towards the future. I feel I got a lot out of the 7 years I was with my husband but I'm not sorry to see it end (not by a long shot after what he did).

So I thought I'd introduce myself, and say I'll be here reading and posting from now on

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all

I was doing really good but reality has hit this week and I'm scared about finding rent money and a job with no car. Housing assistance has a 14 month waiting list where I am and the next county over isnt even taking applications because they are so full. Those are my only two options for places to live unless I leave my daughter and I'm not going to do that.

So the fear is setting in!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I also read your PaP post. Given that it sounds like what your STBX did was criminal in nature, I would contact your local victim witness agency. Sometimes they are private/non-profit and other times they are attached to the county attorney's office. Either way there are social workers there who are specifically trained to help someone who is in your position. They have contacts and connections that can help you make rent, at least for this next month to buy you more time to figure out a more permanent solution, as well as getting utilities and what not paid for. There should also be free counseling under the victim compensation portion of that agency. If you strike out on finding some help, you can PM me with your city and state and I will try and help you find some resources. ((((((HUGS)))))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts