Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to be moving in with my parents in between houses for a few months, poss 3-6 months. We have 2 dogs, 60lb & 80lb. They are indoor dogs, but in the warm months, they spend most of the day in the backyard playing/sunning. My parents do not have a fenced in backyard. Anyone have any ideas what to do with the dogs so that they can still enjoy the backyard but not wander off.<br>
I was thinking of some sort of a tie out we can hook them too. When I was growing up we had a tie out attached to the clothes line, rather than a stationary stake, so the dogs had a bigger area to roam. I don't know what that's called though to shop for it or how to do it with out a clothesline!<br>
I'd really appreciate any ideas!

·
Registered
720 Posts
We have a tie out for our dog so he can enjoy the backyard since we have no fence. They sell them at every pet store I have seen. Ours is a stake that you hammer into the ground and it has a hook that you attach the line too. We bought a 40ft line so Dash can play fetch and run around. The only thing that you have to be careful of is them tripping you with the tie out. My kids have been knocked over a few times, and it can be dangerous!<br><br>
I think it cost around $30-$40

1 - 2 of 2 Posts