Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD will be five next month. She's about 43 inches and 41 lbs. She currently uses the Boulevard in our car, and a Wizard in my parents. In both, she is at the top of the harness height.

About three weeks ago we went to our locally owned baby store...known for fitting car seats, with certified folks.

DD tried the Frontier and the Nautilus. She seemed to be at the top height for the five point harness. Because of that, we ended up getting a Monterey (its sitting the box across the room from me now).

However, now I'm super confused after reading another thread (Alegna's) about her similarly aged and sized DD being in the same boat...and choosing between the Nautilus and the Frontier.

Did I miss something at the store. Should my DD still be able to sit in those seats and use the 5pt harness for a while?

The thought of her in just a plain old backed booster is a little scary!

Thanks!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
If she is still under the top harness height (even by a hair) in the blvd/wizard, she has tons of room in the frontier and nauti. Both have headrests that raise- were they raised?

As a point of comparison, I believe (from memory...
) the top strap heights on the blvd and wizard are around 15.5in. Perhaps a hair below. Frontier and nauti go to 18in.

good luck!

-Angela

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Angela. I was totally confused by your other thread. When we checked out the seats in person, we had raised the headrest on both the nautilus and frontier, and actually put DD in the seat. I'll be marching myself back to the baby store tomorrow to figure out what is up...and I'm glad that we've been living with the huge Monterey box on our living room for a few weeks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I exchanged the Monterey for the Nautilus today. I'm not super happy about the install (Britax spoils you...we don't have latch in our car). I'm going to have to have the tech do it, and just leave it put (which shouldn't be a problem in our car).

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Hmm....what was troubling you about the install? The Nautilus is a pretty straightfoward install. It's always a good idea to get your seat checked, but you shouldn't rely on techs to install your seats, since you might need to do it in an emergency and you should always be confident installing them on your own

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Heh. ;-) You've been spoiled by the Boulevard... the Frontier is a harder install than the Nautilus. It's not as hard as some folks make it out to be, but it's quite a bit trickier than the BV/MA install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.