Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My little family (me, hubs, 2yo girl) are moving to the DFW area. We are currently looking for a house to rent for a couple of years until we learn the area and know where we want to be, but I want to find an amazing healthcare team. I am hoping you ladies can point me in the right direction! I'm not big on medication and whatnot and much prefer alternative medicine whenever possible, so here is what I'm looking for:

All the great stuff you want in a provider (knowledgeable, kind, caring, available) but also...

Pediatrician: willing to discuss, input, and be OK with our alt vacc schedule
Family Dr.: open minded and cooperative with complimentary alternative medicine, with an amazing staff.
Chiropractor: gentle, I don't do the violent crack and pop kind.
Acupuncture: soothing, great with fertility but also common things too.
Dentist: won't give me crap about our avoidance of fluoride, high tech, outstanding with kids

I know, tall order, but I have all of this now and just know that we will be able to find it in the DFW area as well. Plus, if you have any general info, like:

a great place to live for a crunchy little family
great places to get organic fruits and veggies
great place to get reputable, reasonable grassfed meat

we would appreciate that too!

Thanks for any help and info ladies, it's bittersweet to move away from home, but we're excited for the adventure!

Cyndi

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do you now what part of the DFW area that you are moving to? It is such a huge area and preference will tend to be based on what is closer. I do recommend checking out the DFW Holistic Families group if you are on FB. It is an easy place to get most of those questions answered.
Pediatricians: Dr. Bain in Frisco, Dr. Arouse in Cleburne, and Dr. Nuby in Denton all have good reputations
Family Practice: Kelly Fox and Thomas Newell in Denton off the top of my head
Chiropractor: Dr. Duchenne in Dallas is the most gentle that I have been to. Michelle Summers in Denton is the second most but she does do some popping. Other chiros with great reputations are: Jim Bob Haggerton, Chandra Chrisp, Kristi Corder, Dr. Dodge,
I am not sure on acupuncture or dentist. I still use a conventional dentist for now.
As for food, we have tons of health food stores. We have Whole Foods, Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Trader Joes, and smaller ones. It again all depends on where you are at. There are tons of farmers markets and co-ops for getting these things too. I personally am in several. Bountiful Baskets is good for produce if you need cheep organic, but not necessarily local. R.O.C.K has the produce, meat, and dairy. Plus it has allergen free naked goods, spices, jams, etc all made locally.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wanted to add Shine Pediatrics in Richardson and YES join the DFW Holistic Families group on Facebook.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I am from the DFW area. Before we moved my children were seeing an excellent pediatrician in southlake. If you are moving close to that area I would recommend southlake family medicine, in particular Dr Agatha Hunt. She is , IMO, the ideal pediatrician. Since my son was born up until he was 6 ( just weeks after my daughter was born) I had taken him to countless pediatricians and family Drs. I was not pleased with anyone up until I took my kids to her. I stayed with her for 2 years before we had to move. I have always felt comfortable with her. She listened to my questions and reassured me. Unlike most Drs I have been to, who would shoot down my natural remedies before they pushed meds on me, she would agree to start with that and move to something else if it didn’t work. While also adding some of her own ideas. She is a very down to earth and caring Dr and if we ever move back to that area I will be going back to see her. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts