Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Are there any AP groups in this area?  I tried joining a homeschooling group (we're still on the fence) but they never approved my membership (stupid Yahoo! Groups).  We're moving to Monterey in June and I want to try and make sure I have a network of potential friends in place for my kids and me.  I'd really like to be around like-minded mamas, if you know what I mean.</p>

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>anyone?  Bueller?</p>

·
Registered
7 Posts
<p>I live in Monterey and am an AP. As far as groups, do you mean online? I don't know about online, but you might want to looking into Parents Place. It's at the adult school in Pacific Grove and there are age related classes, activity classes and la leche league. It helps me keep  my sanity. I love my class because I get to spend a couple hours a week with other moms and we all chat about questions, concerns and give each other new ideas and tips. They also have lots of resources, so if you are looking for something else, they can probably help you out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope that helps!</p>

·
Registered
673 Posts
<p>Holistic Moms Network has a Monterey Chapter!!! We are a great group of mamas! Please look on HMN national website and find our group chapter page. I second Parents Place in Pacific Grove. They were even featured in mothering magazine, it is very AP, they teach babywearing and breastfeeding, its really wonderful! </p>

·
Registered
659 Posts
<p>I'm in Salinas and just moved to the area from Fresno.  I'd love some new friends for myself and my 2-year-old daughter!  Please PM me with any play groups or if you'd like to get together for a play date. :)</p>

·
Registered
817 Posts
<p>Monica!!!  It's Andrea from ABAP...how are you???  I just moved to the South Bay area a few months ago.  How ARE you?  It's been forever.  Sounds like you guys are making a big move.  I hope things are well and that the move goes smoothly.  Ours was quite the adventure, needless to say!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts