Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... moving to the Newark NJ area in the coming months. I had good luck using the forums when I moved to the Baltimore area several years ago - hoping to have the same good luck for this move.

Looking for the following:

Preschool for a 4 year old (nature based or reggio program)
Pediatrician open to delayed vac
OB/Midwife that's VBAC friendly & hospital recs
Fun things to do & places to play
Restaurant Recommendations
Places to live (or stay away from!)

Thanks!

I'm a prek special education teacher looking for a job in the area too... ideas for that are appreciated as well.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Well, Essex & Union Counties have some really great places. Are you looking for a place close to Newark? Montclair (Ex County) is very Crunchy. Has great schools & a great down town. Montclair is maybe 10 mins away.

Union County is less crunchy but has some great things to offer. Just depends on $$ and willingness to travel.

EDT- As far as Dr. you can look for threads with Dr REFs. Their are a few that will work with you on VAXs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Essex & Union Counties have some really great places. Are you looking for a place close to Newark? Montclair (Ex County) is very Crunchy. Has great schools & a great down town. Montclair is maybe 10 mins away.

Union County is less crunchy but has some great things to offer. Just depends on $$ and willingness to travel.

EDT- As far as Dr. you can look for threads with Dr REFs. Their are a few that will work with you on VAXs
Trying to stay as close to Newark as possible or very near the train so my husband to can easily commute down town. I'd love specific recommendations if you have them!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trains are easy to get to....the question is price range?
still working on figuring out living costs in the area. off the cuff:

preschool/daycare around $250 wk give or take a bit
housing/rent $2500 give or take a bit

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Not sure? I would check out Montclair. That might fit. NJ has a high cost of living because of TAX. It is crazy what we pay. :dizzy

I would recommend Holistic Dentist Philp Memoli in Berkeley Heights. 908-464-9144

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
He is Newark area

Drew Spergel, DC, CACCP (family wellness care, Pediatric and prenatal care, stress neck and back care, and craniosacral therapy)

Drew Family Chiropractic
271 N. Livingston Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039
973-533-0755
www.drewfamilychiropractic.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts