Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mommas!

Me and my family are moving to the Rochester, NY area this summer. I'm trying to figure out the best place to settle down. We do utilize public schooling so this is an important factor.

So far I've looked at the GreatSchools website for starters, and got a good impression from the following towns:

Victor (26 minute commute)
Fairport (23 minute commute)
Pittsford (15 minute commute)
Honeoye Falls (24 minute commute)
Webster (22 minute commute)
East Rochester (16 minute commute)

Of course I value people's first-hand knowledge and experience most of all, which is why I'm on here! :grin:please chime in if you have any knowledge or useful information and first-hand experience with the area.

Thanks a bunch!!!!! xo

·
Registered
796 Posts
Out of those pittsford will have the best schools but will likely also have the highest home prices. I would avoid east rochester. There are also many private and parochial schools in Rochester and the suburbs. It's not uncommon for families to live where housing is cheaper and have their kids go to a private school (the Catholic schools are very reasonably priced). New York provides bussing for private schools.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for taking the time to give your input, elus0814 ! do you live in that area? I am very excited to go explore.... scope out the public library, find a good coffee place, see what the parks are like, maybe if there's hiking around, etc!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just joined so sorry that I am showing up late! Have you moved yet? I currently live in the Rochester, NY area and have been here for about 15 years. While the East side does have some very good schools, you may pay more in housing costs. Fairport is reasonable (price-wise) and has a good school system, and there are some good schools to the south as well.
On the west side of the city, Brockport and Spencerport are your best bets and housing is much more reasonably priced.
>:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts