Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>After my last post about my ex not giving me Thanksgiving visitation, I got some great advice and realized that what's going to help a lot is to move closer to her. My husband's company just got bought out and they have an office 30 MINUTES from where my daughter lives with her daddy!!! I couldn't sleep last night I was so thrilled.</p>
<p>The problem is my husband is understandably worried. He isn't sure if the florida office will have a place for him. Not to mention, he is afraid of taking a pay cut if he does get a job there. I totally empathize with him but my crazy mind can only focus on how much I much time I will get with my daughter if I move. I have to be realistic as the move could be detrimental to our financial stability. I have to keep telling myself it won't happen for another year at least, but darn it, I would move RIGHT NOW if it was <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:Arial;line-height:normal;">feasible</span>.</p>
<p>Talk me down from this and inject me with some reality. All I can think about are the benefits that I will gain by moving and I need to be rational.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
The reality is that your daughter will only be young once. You can't get that time back once it's gone. I would do everything in my power to move closer to her. It sounds like u might have a great opportunity opening in front of you. I would explore it and find a way to make it work. Hugs.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
<p>I bought a home within sight of my kids, which shares a common courtyard with my ex, without a job, or knowing the language fluently, any support, friends in the area, boyfriend, or having any custody.  But darnit, I know where they are outside playing everyday, and now that's my yard too.  I'd do anything for my kids and I KNOW I'll never regret it, and I think you should follow your heart and go for this.</p>

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
<p>I won't talk you down from it, either.  That's your kid, and it's worth <em>every</em> difficulty and challenge to be near her.  She needs you!</p>

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>I guess I cannot be talked down from it. I just have to be realistic in that I have to save up money and do this smartly instead of just going hog-wild with it and not thinking it out financially. Not to mention if my husband is not supportive of this move, I will end up divorced and with another child custody arrangement on my hands.</p>

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
<p>I would use your money to get an attorney and get some charges filed against your ex. With what he did, leaving the state etc he is in violation of a court order. I wouldn't be surprised if you could custody overturned due to his clear actions of keeping the daughter from you. That is a big no no in court.</p>

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
<p>i would also encourage you to take a look at filing something with the court.  they frown upon one parent denying the other parent time.  you have to do what is best for yourself and your family.  only you know what that picture looks like.  i hope you are able to get this resolved soon.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts