Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and scared! This is going to be one giant leap from Madison, Wisconsin in terms of finding doctors who allow selective vax, an OB who supports natural birthing, and at least one friend who knows what a Fuzzi Bunz is!

I'm wondering if there is anyone on these boards living anywhere in St. Charles County, or heck, the next county over even (Warren? Boone?) since I'll be almost there! My husband is going to be working with the family business, hence the move, and while we are treasuring the opportunity to move so close to so much family, it will be an adjustment for this Mama!

So, can anyone help with....

An OB? We're open to pregnancy at any point now (in fact, I'm in a 2ww right now) and might need someone fairly soon. I had a natural, hospital birth with DS and had a wonderful experience. I'd like to birth in St. Charles County though, as I really don't want to transition in a car ride over the river.

A Ped? We do vax, but selectively and delayed. We've had no issues with our doc here on this. I also would like someone who is a breastfeeding supporter. Again, in St. Charles Co. preferrably.

Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Hi there. I think you will have more options in the county. I used to be a L&D RN at MoBap and then at St. John's and am a member of Friends of MO Midwives (and just had my 4th homebirth). PM me and I can probably help you out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am in St. Charles and always on the lookout for like minded moms...haven't had much luck finding any in this county : )

I just had my 2nd child in May naturally. My OB is wonderful and very supportive of natural birth. She also has a midwife in her practice which I absolutely loved. My OB's name is Becky Shelton, she is at Manchester and I-270...a little far but worth the drive. The only downside (not for me but I know a lot of people who it is) is that she primarily delivers at St. John's. Honestly I had a great experience there but I know a lot of others who didn't. She will deliver at St. Luke's or Mo Bap but is more comfortable at John's because that is where she did her residency and she knows the facility. Feel free to PM me for more info.

I would recomend my ped too but they aren't excepting new patients right now, sorry.

If you are interested in getting together once you are settled in let me know, good luck with your move!

·
Registered
134 Posts
We are new to Wentzville. I moved from St. Charles (I know same county) however it is a big change. We really only have a Walmart and Schnucks Ugghhh. When you move here you could carpool with my sister and I to wholefoods. Really that is our big highlight (grocery shopping wise
) Welcome neighbor!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hi and welcome to the area. I live in NC now but grew up in St. Louis county and Wentzville isn't too far away. I don't know anyone who lives there but it is a beautiful area. I'm sure you'll miss Madison, I LOVE Madison, but MO is a nice state. There are lots of cool things to do in the St. Louis area - you could easily to day trips there and have some fun. This probably isn't actually very helpful for you, but I just wanted to say hi- and it looks like there are some other mamas here from that area already, so that's cool too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.