Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...342434011&rd=1

I wish I had a girl! However, Krista is working on my custom boy Mr. Peabody's longies as we speak, so hopefully that will feed my wool addiction for a while! I've been very good about staying on the wagon--I've only bought one bumpy day cover in the last 4 months! Also, I absolutely refuse to buy girl soakers when I haven't even convinced DH we should have a second child, and there's no guarantee we'd have a girl anyway! With my luck, I'll manage to convince him and end up with another DS!

Alison

· Registered
10,060 Posts
She did stock her store too! www.mrpeabodyswoolsoakers.com

I love, love, love my Mr Peabody's!!
Krista is so awesome to work with and her knitting is so beautiful! Plus I think her prices are awesome, she doesn't charge nearly enough for her work. Her wool is so soft and Sara picks her Carousel Horse longies out to wear first before anything else.

I got the Neopolaton longies and a custom slot for Jack's turkey shorts.

· Registered
8,518 Posts

We have her butterfly shorts set, but i want those yellow sheep longies for ds so bad!Won't someone pleaaaaaaaassssse buy my jogging stroller on the TP?

· Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pam, did you use any wool with Abigail? If not, you have to get some for the new baby! Wool is the best, especially for the summer. You can get cheaper wool than Krista's too, although Krista's soakers are wonderful. Wool is my favourite diaper covering of all. Do you knit? If so, you should try and make some of your own before the baby comes!

Alison

· Registered
3,701 Posts
I had two wool sugarpeas, but I found them a bit hard to take care of. I'm still really drawn to wool though, as it is natural. I just took up knitting again, and couldn't even manage a scarf, so by the time I can knit my own soakers they'll probably be for grandchildren!
I would love to see what is out there for Canadian wool...

· Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm pretty sure that Mr. Peabody himself (Krista's little guy) has been put to bed in longies. Or at least in his boxer shorts, which Krista made before starting to make longies. When I get my longies though, they aren't being worn to bed--I want to show those puppies off, so we'll be wearing them in public as much as possible! I get to see them on Monday, although they haven't had their embroidery done yet (we're getting a red race car on the bum!). Krista's worried that they might be too pretty for a boy, but hey, my boy can wear pretty, as long as it has race cars or dump trucks on it!

Pam, check out bareware or jamtots for reasonably priced longies. Both are Canadian online stores. Also, have you tried Aristocrats? They are one of my favourite wool soakers, and they're Canadian too.

You might want to try your hand at knitting a soaker though. There are some pretty easy patterns out there, and you can get lots of help over in the crafts forum.

Alison

· Registered
61 Posts
Jen, I put my dd to bed in her longies and I love them. I have to get busy and make her another pair.

Pam, I have made a lovely pair of longies and I used Briggs and Little wool (Heritage) from New Brunswick. These are the ones she wears to bed overnight!

· Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a soaker made from Briggs and Little that works really well. I don't think Krista is using Briggs and Little anymore, but certainly in the past she was.

for Canadians out there, I just got some philosopher's wool (www.philosopherswool.com), and it's nice! Lots of lanolin--I just wound it all into balls last night, and my fingers and hands are so soft!

So, who got the flower longies from e-bay then? Was it someone here? They are beautiful and all, but they went for nearly $52. that's a lot of money!

Alison

· Registered
845 Posts
hehehe...I know what you mean about spending sprees...if those weren't too short I would have given you a run for your money! :LOL I just tallied up what my recent spree has cost me...um, it is sobering to say the least!
:

shibababy, please give those longies some extra petting for me! I just realized that my babe probably could have worn them as capris! Enjoy them a little bit for us!

· Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shibababy, you're getting a wonderful product. I got to see mine on Monday, but they don't have their embroidery yet. They're beautiful! She's working on some shorts that look just like surfer shorts right now, only they're knitted. They're so cute! I don't know if they're a custom, or if they're for her website, but Krista's work is amazing.

Alison

· Registered
10,060 Posts
Oh I can't wait to see mine! I snagged the Neopolitan longies and a custom slot. She is making me a pair of shorts for the custom slot with a turkey on the back!
She said everything should be ready in a few days!
I love Krista's work, I plan on buying more in the spring if she has more custom slots available.

· Registered
647 Posts
I have a custom slot too. She's going to send the ebay longies at the same time as the customs. I can't wait. These will be our first longies. We're going for butterflies.

Of course I'll give them some extra petting for you all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.