Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
forgot to ask this in my last post--- anyone mostly do a front carry with toddlers in a MT? i got my MT for the great back carry but the front is quicker on and off so maybe that would help with the fact that it's not working for us lately. he's happy for a few minutes then wants to get down. i should add that he loves riding back there if we're in unfamiliar surroundings, but around the house or garden he just wants to get down or have me hold him in my arms.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My toddler wil only ride in the front because she doesn't want to be placed that far out of reach from nursing.

It works grea for saving my back ibut is frustrating becasuse I'm usualy trying to get something done if she's in a carrier and having her in front defeats the purpose.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
My 3 yo prefers being on my front in the MT too. She has never really cared for being on my back in any carrier though, over the years. Its so wonderful to be able to cuddle her while wearing her on my front too

Warmly~

Lisa

·
Registered
308 Posts
Add my dd to the list of toddlers who want on the front. lol She doesn't care too well for my back unless I'm doing something very active to keep her attention (vacuuming or walking outside are about the only times she'll stay on my back happily). Otherwise it's tummy or nothing.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
How do you tie the mei tai when wearing your toddler on your front? My dd is 14 months and 20+ lb and it's getting where I can't wear her like that for long because my shoulders/back start hurting. I tie the straps behind her back like I've always done...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I just used the MT front carry this morning with dd. I had used it before but started using the back carry more when we're out. This morning she was exceptionally fussy and wanting to nurse constantly but she didn't want to sit to nurse or lie down and I was trying to do some baking with ds. So...I whipped off my shirt
, put her in the MT and she got to nurse to her heart's content and actually fell asleep while ds and I baked. I tie it similar to snowflake and find it quite comfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts