Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,<br>
I am hetero-MTHFR gene mutation, and I'm wondering if my DS also has this mutation. He has TONS of food allergies/intolerances and is on an extremely limited diet. He is losing foods rather than gaining them because we don't have enough to rotate and he's been eating the same thing for so long that he's becoming hypersensative to them all. It's my understanding that this could be linked with the MTHFR mutation. Does anyone have any good articles on the link between MTHFR and allergies?? All I can find is info on it during pregnancy.<br><br>
i want to have my DS tested for it, but I don't know who to go see to get that done. Most pedi's just don't know anything about it. Should I go to the allergist or a geneticist? I really really want to get down to the bottom of this and find the root of all of his problems!! I think I need something in writing to show the dr's to convince them to test him for it!<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Valerie

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
somewhere floating around is a thread i think started by pat re: folate and allergies. it may have some useful links for you.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,
I am hetero-MTHFR gene mutation, and I'm wondering if my DS also has this mutation. He has TONS of food allergies/intolerances and is on an extremely limited diet. He is losing foods rather than gaining them because we don't have enough to rotate and he's been eating the same thing for so long that he's becoming hypersensative to them all. It's my understanding that this could be linked with the MTHFR mutation. Does anyone have any good articles on the link between MTHFR and allergies?? All I can find is info on it during pregnancy.

i want to have my DS tested for it, but I don't know who to go see to get that done. Most pedi's just don't know anything about it. Should I go to the allergist or a geneticist? I really really want to get down to the bottom of this and find the root of all of his problems!! I think I need something in writing to show the dr's to convince them to test him for it!

Thanks,
Valerie
Did you find any information on this?

I'm an adult who also has this MTHFR hetero issue. AND I have lots of allergies (environmental, chemicals, animals, molds, dust, foods, etc)

I'd appreciate your sharing.

: )

·
Registered
2 Posts
MTHFR Presentation

I can help. There is a great presentation about MTHFR on mthfr.net. The site has a lot of good articles. I have the C677T mutation and also have a handful of autoimmune disorders/allergies(IBS, eczema,lichen sclerosus, 18 chemical allergies).

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
There is a facebook page for this also with lots of good advice! Bring it here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts