Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had mucousy (sp) brown discharge (scant amounts) for a week and a half. I'm getting a blood draw tomorrow to see if my hormone levels are where they should be. Also the NP said they had to be above 3000 to do an ultrasound, which I want for my first appt (monday) to make sure everything is in there as it should be.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I've always heard that the more brown in color, the older the blood/discharge. In pregnancy, that is a good thing. It could be some left over lining or something.

mary

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
I had that happen to me last time. I also heard what Mary did. I think you will be ok but I am thinking of you.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I had brown discharge last week.My dr said as long as it was not bright red and light not to worry.I was freaked when I saw it the first time. Haven't had any since friday. I wouldn't worry if it isn't bright red, easier said then done.

I hope you feel better and are able not to worry too much,
Kaitlin

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it's poop brown so that's pretty old, I hope. It is mucuosy (sp?) though. Sparing, but it's been off and on for almost 2 weeks. I had a blood draw today to see if the hormone levels are high enough for an ultrasound.

I have been very stressed. This time in my life has just sucked for lack of a better word. My cat died a month ago, we had to put my dog down two days ago, I am quitting my job (boss tends to see red when people quit - not pretty), hopefully starting another one, money is so tight it's not even funny. And then this. I feel like crumpling.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
babybugmama~
to you. sounds like a tough couple of months...

i just went to the restroom and when i wiped there was the same brown mucousy discharge that you're talking about. of course my heart starting pounding, but then i remembered that since its old blood that hopefully its not that big of a deal...maybe tmi, but dh and i had sex tues morning, so im wondering if its from that...i spotted sometimes after sex during my pregnancy w/ my 2nd dd...i have an appt on monday w/ an u/s and it can't get here quick enough!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.