Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is TMI but im slighty worried and wanted to ask advice,

iv had extra mucus from very early on but today when i went to toilet i noticed that there was quiet a lot, it was sort of cream coloured and stringly and a lot more than usual,

im worried its my mucus plug or something
or that it means something bad is going on
is it normal to have this, i don't have any pain or bleeding or anything and feel fine.

Jools

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've had some snotty like stuff that I have never had before randomly coming out.
I think it is normal. My mw said it sounds like normal pregnancy discharge.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Totally fine. Your cervical fluids will change over the course of the pregnancy.

*IF* you lose your mucous plug (not everybody does) it will most likely be at the end of the pregnancy and you can't miss it. Mine looked like a big old wad of strawberry preserves in my underwear. It was like a car wreck - I couldn't not look, but it was just sooo odd/weird/cool.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Completely normal. It's one of the signs I knew I was pregnant this time. Tons of creamy cervical fluid. I tend to have more during pregnancy than ovulation.

Your plug will be bloody.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Like everyone else said, totally totally normal. I've got all kinds of crazy stuff coming out of me. Plus, your mucus plug would be tinged with blood. Google it if you can stand it. It's super gross.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Notice: Blood volume increase, saliva increase, mucous increase. We are just big ball of liquid now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlmueller View Post
Notice: Blood volume increase, saliva increase, mucous increase. We are just big ball of liquid now.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ball of liquid, lol.

Yeah, totally normal. The stuff that comes out of me sometimes, sheesh!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Jools, I've had mucous-pluggy stuff a few times since about week 8, with no changes or any reason to believe it's anything than our bodies making goo. It's weird to experience but I don't think it's a big deal unless accompanied by the usual cramping/bleeding warning signs of a miscarriage.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
yep... completely normal...

and just keep in mind that when you do lose your mucous plug later on it can regenerate and you can lose it a few times...

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I always have notably more discharge than usual when pregnant. Sometimes I use pads or pantyliners, but usually just get in the habit of changing my underwear more often.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the reasurance,
i don't feel so worried about it now, just feels odd though

Jools

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
I get the stringy clear to white stuff all the time. And after DTD with Hubby, I always get globs of yellow.

Completely normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.