Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How soon did you start loosing your mucus plug before you went into labor?<br><br>
I am just wondering because over the last few days, I have noticed small amounts of what I *think* is my mucus plug (though it is not tinged with and blood). I am wondering if this is the start of something or if it is normal to loose it weeks before labor.<br><br>
With DS, I didnt notice it at all, but had bloody show just hours before labor started.

·
Registered
41 Posts
With my first child I lost it in a few clumps at 36 weeks and my water broke a week later to start labor. With my second I had my water break early at 32 weeks, never saw my mucus plug with that one. Labor started on its own 4 days later, but I had a c-section due to presentation.<br><br>
Good luck, hope you have an easy labor!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
It was a week and a half. I was actually peeing in the bathroom at the airport while picking up my parents when I noticed it, just small bits. I lost most of it during labor.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
with DD I was admitted and sent to the bathroom to pee in a cup, when this huge blob of plug flung out onto the floor. I pulled the string for the nurse in a panic and she said it was meconium and I was rushed off for a c-section a few minutes later. The trauma from the event triggered alopecia and I lost all my hair. Six years later and I am still bald.<br><br>
with DS I went to the bathroom and wiped and saw a little mucus. Then I swear I reached down and pulled out a long mucus plug like a rope. It was so bizarre. It was like a foot long. A few days later I self induced with castor oil.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I lost mine on a Tuesday and then went into labor on Sunday late morning.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I lost part of mine (there was blood) then went into labor 2 hours later.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
With DD I lost it at 36 weeks without blood, then again just as I was starting to go into labor I lost it again with a streak of blood in it (39w3d)

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I lost mine as I went into labor. Like, I had some blood in the TP when I was up in the night to pee, and felt kinda crampy, and labor progressed from there, from the middle of the night to birth the next evening. I never had anything early, though, no braxton hicks or whatnot. It all just came in one day.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
With DD#1 I lost it the morning I went into active labor. With DD#2 I don't remember noticing if I lost it or not.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
With DD#1, I know exactly when I lost it because I had just gotten out of the shower, and had my leg up putting lotion on, when I felt something coming out. I reached down and caught it. I thought it was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen because it was like a blob of snot. Over a tablespoon! I called my MW and was assured that it was the plug. I went into labor one week later. I didn't have any blood then, but had a little bit after it passed later that same day. I had bloody show with early labor, which looked like blood and snot together.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I'm likely the oddball... but with my daughter I lost my plug for over 3 weeks and was actually induced at 41w6d. She was still very, very high up and I was not dilated at all.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
About 3 weeks before with each of mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts