Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first ultrasound showed some isolated kidney issues, so far it looks my baby has multicystic kidney (the left one- the other one is healthy), I have no idea why or how, apparently it begins with urine blockage while the kidney is developing and then cysts grow in place of the kidney, in a lot of cases the kidney doesn't function well or ceases to function and the other kidney does the job of two. The prognosis is good though, people still go on to be normal active and healthy, so I am not passing out with anxiety, just a little disappointed that has come about for the bub though. It happens to 1 in 4000 babies. I wonder what the undercurrent spiritual/karmic reason is? The kidney represents our ancestory, mother and father, left and right, hmm.. I wonder...anyhow, it was a surprise to hear that, going in for level 2 scan later so they can see the status of that kidney, I hope the cysts just resolve on their own.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Sorry you got such news, but glad the prognosis is good overall, even with that condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts