• All children have allergies, but to a different level of severity

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Some children share same allergies, but not all the same

Votes: 4 40.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
My kids and I all have allergies but to different things and in different forms.<br><br>
I have asthma, environmental allergies, mild eczema. My allergies are mostly pollens and dust/dander type things. I have some food allergies but they have not been ID'd except when I was a kid, I had a strong milk allergy. I take allergy shots and am on Flonase, Singulair, and Clarintin seasonally. Flovent if things get bad, but I don't need this very often.<br><br>
My dd1 has grass allergy and gets a rash. She has other pollen allergies that have not been identified, but she responds well to OTC Claritin. No food allergies that we know of.<br><br>
My dd2 is the most like my dad and I. She has asthma, identified pollen/dander allergies, and a rare form of food allergy that manifests in the esophagus. She is currently (and probably for a long time) on an elemental formula through a feeding tube with very limited foods she can take by mouth. She also has mild eczema. She takes Singulair, Claritin, Flovent, and Prevacid (also has severe GERD).<br><br>
My dad has severe asthma, allergies, severe eczema, food allergies, GERD and a lot of other things. He takes a lot of meds and gets allergy shots also. He came close to dying many times as a child from his asthma.

·
Registered
513 Posts
We have two boys, age 5 and 3.<br><br>
The boys share a peanut allergy. My youngest is also allergic to walnuts and eggs. My oldest is allergic to types of white fish but we do not know with the 3 year old. We are waiting until 4 or 5 years to test.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I have 3 kids, 2 have allergies, one doesn't. The 2 that do, they are allergic to mostly the same things, but some are different, so their allergies aren't exactly the same. My oldest seems to have outgrown all of his allergies and tests negative, but I still say he has allergies since he's likely to develop different ones.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
My oldest is allergic to cats which we found out just over a year ago.<br>
My 3rd has 16 different food allergies.<br><br>
No allergies for the other two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts