Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, these are the 2 diseases my DH is most concerned about with our little DD, who is 21 months old. I hope to send her to a farm preschool next year, so I can understand a bit about the tetanus, although I have told him about TIg treatment. What are some good reputable resources I can use to research? We have not vaxed her to this point, and honestly, I would like to continue to not vax, but I'd like DH on board.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I can give you my personal experience with mumps and my dd.<br><br>
When dd was 20 months, her face puffed up almost overnight. We took her to the pediatrician that day, and they looked at her and diagnosed her with mumps. She was treated like a circus animal, with several pediatricians and nurse practitioners called in to look at her, since they had never seen a case of mumps before. Other than that, I was told to take her home and keep her home until 7 days had passed from the first onset of symptoms. No one was worried about her, no one gave us any special instructions on what to do with her, it was treated with less concern than when I brought her in with a cold. Two of the doctors even commented on her lifetime immunity that she would now have.<br><br>
I ended up finding a natural-minded DO, and started bringing dd to him. He looked at my dd and diagnosed her as an "extreme teether". It turned out that her face puffed up when each of her molars came in.<br><br>
I never called the old pediatrician to let them know that dd didn't have the mumps, and they never called to follow-up and see how she was doing. I was stunned, given the dramatic pressure we received to vax her against this "deadly disease". They seriously didn't think it was any big deal once she had it, only when the vaccine was being pushed.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORHqEedtUY&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">YouTube - Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices 1/18</a><br><br>
Why is he concerned about mumps? The primary reason behind the vax is the improbable occurrence of sterility in both testicles.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's worried about mumps going internally, which can be very very bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts