Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weirdest thought occured to me this morning. Perhaps I have the mumps.<br><br>
Why?<br><br>
Well, I had this little lump in the side of my cheek back in my mouth, along & below the gumline. It's been there for a few days. Last night my whole cheek started hurting & the lump felt bigger. This morning the whole side of my cheek feels swollen and is tender. I looked in the mirror & the swelling is only slightly noticeable from the outside. I've had a sore throat but no fever (possibly slight fever, but not enough for me to really notice).<br><br>
I was vaccinated according to the recommended schedule when I was a kid. I'm 29 now.<br><br>
Is it the mumps? Or some kind of funky gland infection?

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
The gland that swells is in front of the ear on the throat and right under the jaw bone.<br><br>
I can't remember my three kids having it inside their mouth, just outside and it got very swollen and sore for one of them. The other two had only slight swelling and almost no swelling.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't mumps. I went to the doctor Saturday just to find out. She looked in my mouth & saw those white calcifications in the back from bacteria (I know, gross), from my sinuses draining constantly lately. She said the calcified stuff was probably floating around & clogged my salivary glands (yuck again). Solution? Suck on something sour to make my mouth water like crazy. It seems to have worked.<br><br>
The official diagnoses, though, is seasonal allergies...I'll be back to ask about that later...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts