Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Mamas and Papas, I am so at a lost. My DD has gone from the happiest, most smiley and playful baby to a sullen, irritable, crabby and generaly unpleasant toddler. I feel just awful, I have not truly enjoed my daughter for months. She has been sick with a viral infection and a skin infection and is now getting molars in and she just seems to be a different child. My sadness is compounded by the fact that I work 30 hours a week and don't have as much time to spend with her as I wish I did. I am not sure what the point of this post is, I think it would be helpful to know if other parents have experienced this...is this a phase? Can teething really be that bad?? Part of what I am worried about is her health. She has been referred to a gastro enterologist for chronic diarrhea...she's been off of dairy for almost two weeks and I can't tell if it has helped or not. Oh and the other thing, she and I took some signlanguage classes together and she totally took to signing...I got two SigningTime videos and when she was really sick it was the ONLY thing she would do. Now she wants to watch them ALL THE TIME. I don't let her watch them whenever she wants but it worries me that she's so obsessed. I've had Baby Einstein since she was really little and she wasn't that interested, I'd put one in and she'd watch for awile then get up and do other things...anyway, does anyone have any advice or smypathy? Thanks.

MamaSmurf

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sorry to hear about your DD (born a day after mine!) I dont have a lot to say but sorry your DD is not feeling well. I am sure the molars and everything else are making her miserable. I wanted to suggest homeopathy might help.

DD definitely is allergic to dairy but I have to say homeopathy has helped her tremendously with that as well as teething and moods (from whatever cause) I see an ND though (or treat her myself) and has been wonderful for her.

She also likes Signing video (Signing Time) but dont let her watch them too much but I am sure if your DD is feeling sick thats all she feels like right now. Hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it has been two days and my DD's mood and play have improved tremendously, in fact she has not asked to watch her Signing Times video at all and has been playing!

I think her teeth are finally through...it's so hard when they go through these phases, it seems like it will never end.

I also found an ND! Our first appointment is tomorrow

Thanks so much!

MamaSmurf

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Thats great and I am sure she feels better with those nasty molars out! I hope the ND helps you, its been wonderful for DD and am sure it will be for your DD too. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Ds went through a hard month, turned out he had thrush and was uncomfortable. It seems that he gets obsessed with videos once in a while, usually when he is tired and wants to space out or when he is about to come down with something. I think the video obsession probably has to do with her not feeling well. Hope things are getting better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts