Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I swear I was worried about this with DS, but I forget now. My little angel baby Lila just simply loves to sleep. Some days she will literally wake up, hang out for like 30 minutes, eat, and then sleep 2-4 hours, repeat! She doesn't always sleep in that long of stretches and she always wakes to eat and pees/poops. But isnt this excessive!? We co-sleep and she does the same thing at night! If she does wake up she just lays there quietly after eating, then passes back out! Should I just count my blessings? LOL.</p>

·
Registered
280 Posts
<p>Lucky you!!</p>

·
Registered
462 Posts
<p>My two girls were really sleepy newborn and slept the day and night away. I was a little worried but it can be normal for a newborn to sleep a lot. My ds was the opposite and took short cat naps and woke and nursed constantly. It much easier to have a sleepy newborn. It doesn't mean much in the long run so enjoy it.</p>

·
Registered
99 Posts
<p>I just asked the same question only about my 8 week old. She sleeps for 2-3 hours awake for 15 minutes or so and repeats all day and night long. If I try to keep her up or entertain her she starts fussing and crying. I put her in the baby carrier and she sleeps the whole time. I wasn't worried when she was a few weeks old, but I thought by 8 weeks she would be alert more often. </p>

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
<p>My ds slept alot too, until he was 12-13weeks.  Then, it was like his eyes truly opened and he was interested in EVERYTHING!  Definitely don't worry about it, its normal, and she'll grow out of it sooner than you know!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts