Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't get to post on the CLW board, because I actually weaned my FIVE year-old,
but he is done!!!

He was only nursing once or twice a week at the end, so right after his birthday I talked to him and just told him that I needed to be done. He (and I) cried a little
, but then we talked about all the other things we get to do together - cuddle, cosleep, read books, hug, talk about cavemen (his current obsession), and I told him that anytime he needs me I"ll be here, and if he wants to nurse, he should come to me and we'll figure out something else to do so that he still knows I love him.

FIVE YEARS!!! I can't believe I made it FIVE YEARS!! Now only three years and three months to go before I can wean his (21 mo) sister :LOL

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Oh this post made me teary eyed! What a lovely thing you did to nurse your boy for 5 years and to be so gentle and loving about how you weaned him. You're a great mama!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
WOW, you go girl! Bittersweet, huh?
One down, one to go, lol. just kiddin. Thanks for sharing that w/us. It is inspiring to hear stuff like this, especially when some of us are torn about weaning or just need to hear from someone who has btdt to help us to feel more empowered so that we can keep on keepin on.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
WTG, nursing five years! Sounds like you did not just "wean" him...you and he decided together. He would not have been okay with the alternatives if he was not pretty much ready anyway. Great job!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, it feels great! I am proud of myself for going so long, and giving my son the best start in life that I could manage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.