Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because three other boys at kids club were doing it. He isn't prepared to tell us of any other reason, so I'm assuming that it was a "join in with the bullies so I'm not next" kind of deal. Neither he nor the other little boy (his younger brother, my 4yo) have said how and why it started, so I'm kind of assuming that neither of them really know or understand. What do I do?
FWIW, my littl'un did the right thing- said no, got very loud, and ran to find an adult- I'm very proud of the way he handled the situation. I can't, however, say the same thing for his brother. What do I do?

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
I would give a stern look and let him know you are disappointed that he kicked another person for anyother reason than self defence. You do not need to know why because there is no excuse. Maybe walk through what he should have done.

Also praise the younger one for doing the right thing.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is pretty much what we've done- Isaac knows that he did the right thing, and that we're glad and proud that he remembered what to do when bad things happen. Alex, on the other hand, is just- I don't know. He knows what he did wasn't right- but I'm not confident that if the situation arose tomorrow, he'd do differently. I hope I'm going to be proved wrong, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts