Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>what is going on with his teeth??? Part of his molar just broke off yesterday. He mentioned it to me and I looked- it's the side touching the tooth in front of it. I used a floss pick thing to touch it to see what was going on, and he said ouch when I put it in. So I assume that means that it's down to the roots?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gah, wth is going on? I was about in tears last night. He just keeps having tooth problem after problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He had a "cavity" on his two front teeth as a baby. (there was no tooth decay, just enamel that fell off/was missing).</p>
<p>He's had cavity after cavity since, and they seem to be getting more frequent.</p>
<p>I finally decided that there HAD to be something I could do, so we started eating more bone broths, giving ds a multi plus extra mag/cal/d daily, taking xylitol daily, and using a fluoride mouthwash- we already eat plenty of leafy greens, and I'd been given him a multi-vit, but not every day. This was perhaps a month ago.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>About a month ago when his first adult teeth came in, they came in behind his baby teeth- the baby teeth had to be removed because the roots hadn't even begun to dissolve.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did have him referred to an allergist, but they haven't called back with the appt time yet. I sort of suspect dairy. I've read on here about teeth improving after removing an allergen. I really hope that happens here.</p>

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
<p>with that history it does sound like a potential allergy issue.  Dd's teeth developed without enamel and that corrected after gluten was removed.  She does have celiac disease, but it can happen with general sensitivities too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>cell salts were a major help, but I was very aggressive about using them in the beginning.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This can also be addressed at a deeper level with homeopathic medicine (the tendency to have this happen) if you chose to at some point.  That was helpful for me dd as well, and actually did change the way she interfaced with the world.</p>

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>That gives me hope that we can get a handle on this :) Poor kiddo, he's so good at brushing, using the fluoride rinse, flossing, all that stuff. Cell salts are my next step, hopefully I can get them today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hopefully his allergist appt is pretty soon, so we know what we're dealing with. Since I did see some improvement with decreasing dairy, I may cut it out before then if it will be a while. Thanks!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts