Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in from my 9 week midwife appt. My midwife is very conservative when it comes to using u/s at all, so she didn't attempt to use her doppler today because its still u/s waves going right to the baby. She said this early its very unlikely to be heard anyway. I'm alright with that because I know I'd probably panic if we tried it and heard nothing. So, I will be going again to see her in approx 2 weeks, just for a HB check.

My uterus is measuring 14 cm. She thinks it may be a fibroid causing my uterus to measure so big, but I told her that I've always just had a large uterus (even with my first they told me it was larger than normal). Last time it was 11 cm, unofficially measured. So its definitely growing. I assume from a baby who is growing!

All my vitals are just fine too. Urine and blood pressure were fine. I've dropped 1.5 lbs since 4 weeks ago. Not because I've been sick, but because my appetite is just down overall. I know I'll start gaining soon enough though!

That's it from me for now!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jess5377 View Post
do you mind if I ask, how does she measure the uterus?
I believe it starts at the pubic bone and goes to the top of the uterus (fundus??)...she just uses a little measuring tape!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.