Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I can do to prevent him coming down ill? He is 5 months old and exclusively breastfed. He has never been ill except related to food allergies which we have finally under control. He is not vaccinated.

The person who has RSV came and stayed the weekend with us with what we thought was a simple cold and so has stayed away from the baby, but now we find out it is RSV. Please help! I am freaking out here.

Thanks!

BTW No one else is sick but there are other kids in the house who have been playing with the sick person and I am worried that they may come down with it and its just going to start going around. So I'd like to boost their immune systems as well. The only think I know of for "cold prevention" is zinc, and hand-washing.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Babies most at risk of having serious problems with RSV are premature babies that are formula fed or babies that have medical problems. If your baby gets RSV it should be mild since he is breastfeeding.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I do feel better thinking of it that way. RSV websites I read yesterday scared me. I have been an early childhood teacher for a long time and been exposed to many germs so I do have some nice immunity to pass on. Even so I'm still a bit of a germaphobe.

I opened all the windows and aired out the house yesterday. It was nice and sunny so lots of UV light to kill germs. Washed all the touching surfaces in the house like doorknobs, light switches, phone, etc. And breastfed. Alot. Hopefuly that will help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.