Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby (4 months old) is ebf. he used to poop once a day, every day. well, today is day number 3 of NO POOPS. I'm worried, especially since when he passes gas, it's really smelly. and his last poop (3 days ago) was really smelly too (not the usual yummy poopy smell he has)

should I worry? I hate taking him to the doctor so I really hope I don't have to.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I can't recall my dd going very long without a poop but I do remember my sil once saying something like, 'oh, she hasn't pooped in about 5 days' when she was once referring to her infant daughter. She wasn't worried about it - it was normal for her. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Definitely would not worry yet unless he has other symptoms like noticeable pain. The gas and the odor may be some slight upset that needs to pass. However, like the other mamas said, not pooping for three days is totally normal. I remember when my ds went for 7 and I was freaked. When I started asking around I found out it was very common.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My little guy poops 3-5 times per DAY. Hearing what you guys are saying now I'm wondering if that's too much. Of course, we vegans tend to poop more each day anyway so I'm wondering if that has something ot do with it. He's nearly 11 mos. old. Still breastfed almost exclusively.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.