Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted many times...I am too anxious to look through all the pages. My baby is 14 mo and he has a 103.6 temp. He has never had a temp this high. I called is ped. and he told me to give him tylonel and a tepid(sp?) bath. He has been clingy all day...freaks out if I leave the room for 2 seconds and won't calm down for 30+ minutes...also been nursing all day. The doc said if the temp does not go down to take him to the er. DH is a musician and is playing a show tonight...can't get in touch with him. Please help mamas. I usually find that you mamas are much wiser and knowledgeable than most docs. Thanks.

Lyndsi

·
Registered
248 Posts
I feel for you mama. My 10m dd just got over a 3 day fever, it went up to 104.7. I started to get a bit nervous then,but there is a mental checklist I have to keep myself sane while wondering if I should being her in or not.

Is her fever responsive to at home measures (tylenol, tepid bath, cool clothe ect) Y
Is she listless or responsive, albeit cranky Y
Is she drinking/nursing well Y
Wet diapers? Y
Soft spot sunken in (meaning dehydration) N
Has it been over 72 hrs? N
Is there rash, diarhea or vomitting? N

These are the measures I am comfortable with personally, others may not. You have to judge for yuorself.
In my opinion, fever is not a sickness, it is the body's natural means of fighting infection. I also think the ER would be a bit overkill, but again, I am not in your shoes and you have to decide what's best for your little one. With a fever, dehydration is the main concern, so as long as he is nursing frequently as you mentioned, I think it's okay to watch for a little while longer

It's hard to watch our little ones suffer, give him lots of love

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.