Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: I am just so happy and proud! I have been reading to sophia every night before we nurse to sleep. We read 3 or 4 books that she seems to really like (she is ten months old). This morning, I had to put her in her crib for a few minutes while I did some laundry. She normally hates her crib, she co-sleeps so gets upset in the crib, ect . . . But I put her books in there with her. Well, I came up from doing the laundry, checked my email, and realized, There was no sounds coming from the bedroom! So I went over and peeked at her and she was sitting with her back to me turning the pages of her books and pointing at the pictures with her cute, adorable little, pointer finger. It just did my mama heart so good! I love to read and I feel like I'm passing it on to my daughter

· Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the simple books are better I think. With bright colors. Too many words and sophia gets restless.

She loves this book my friend got us when she was born. It's called "Where is Baby's Bellybutton" and it has little flaps they can lift up and find things. It's her favorite right now
:

This must be one of the really, really, good parts of being a mother!

· Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
panthera28 - chewing and mouthing books is actually a type of "early reading" Sophia did that for a long time too but I kept trying to read to her and now she will sit for it. It really started when she started pointing at things and saying "that" . The books give her stuff to point at. We got a BIG book with lots of colorful pics that she could crawl on top of and that really got her started. She would use my finger to point and then I would tell her the names of things. It's so fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.