Mothering Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>So I just found out that MTV is making a Teen Mom 2. You know that show that follows the girls from the show 16 and Pregnant. Anyways, one of the girls on the new teen mom show has a baby named Aubree. I am planning on naming my DD Aubrey. I know I still have time to change my mind about the name but my silly sister thought it would be okay to post the name on FB. I don't know why anyone would EVER think that is okay! Rant over!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I still reserve the right to change baby's name after I meet her earth side.</p>

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<p>Wow, that would bug me too!  Luckily there are a bunch of babies on those shows so maybe the name popularity will be spread around.  That and your baby will be born before most of the people who will see it on the show right?  Big hug mama</p>

·
Registered
908 Posts
<p>I love the name ! Its cute and soft yet strong.... I would keep it no matter what !</p>

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
<p>I really wouldn't worry about it.  Teen Mom is not going to make a name crazy popular.  And I like Aubrey too.  DH veto'd it though.</p>

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>thanks guys, you're probably right!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Should I say something to my sister about posting Aubrey's name on facebook without even asking or telling me? DH was seriously PO'd. Especially since he doesn't even have a facebook account for that very reason. She even put her middle name, Rose.</p>

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
<p>great name... I would be PISSED about the FB thing. I don't even like it when people are pressuring me IRL about names. We have NEVER had a name before a baby... don't ask me for a 5th time!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I read somewhere that that MTV show is actually causing a decrease in teen pregnancies. I don't think just that show will make it a crazy popular name. </p>

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
<p>Oh I'd be livid about the FB thing and would have words with your sister, if you haven't already.  Some things are told in confidence.</p>

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<p>Yes!  I think you should at least tell her that it bugged you and ask her to please not post information about you and your child on facebook without asking first.  A friend of mine's sister posted that the baby was born, what it weighed, the name and even pictures on facebook while my friend was still in the hospital!  She was so mad that she didn't get a chance to share this news herself or even have a choice about whether or not some of this information was shared.  I plan to let people know that they have to wait and let us be the keepers of information about our child.  It really is a reasonable request.</p>

·
Registered
236 Posts
<p>Nintendork - OMG that is awful!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And trekkingirl - I say keep the name you love, and don't worry about a t.v. show.  I don't think it's popular enough to make an impact.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And as for FB - what the heck?  I made the annoying n00b mistake of telling some friends the baby's name, but I know I said not to share it.  And yet, THREE TIMES this week, three separate friends used the baby's name on FB.  I wrote an email last night to everyone who knows the baby's name and made sure they knew the baby's name is NOT public knowledge yet, and that I want to be able to announce it to my family myself.  I told some friends because they're local, and family is not and I didn't think it would be a problem.  Facebook issues never crossed my mind.  Now I know better.  I'm not announcing a single thing to anyone about the birth until I post it myself on Facebook, haha!</p>

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
<p>It would irritate me that she announced it like that but at least it means shes probably really happy that she is having a niece..</p>
<p>My husband's mother is all over my SIL's pregnancy but hasn't really told anyone about the fact Im pregnant. DH got an e-mail from a family friend who was totally shocked when he saw a picture of me pregnant. He figured my MIL or FIL would say something but I guess they haven't told anyone Im expecting. It is kind of hurtful in a way.</p>

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
<p>This happened to me when Rooting for Ruby started. Minus the facebook part.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did not want to name DD after a 500lb woman, but did it anyway because I love the name. Not many people IRL watch the show. I know I don't watch the MTV show you mention!</p>

·
Premium Member
6,219 Posts
<p>I never knew a Ruby besides down in central america, where the woman we named our 2nd DD after lives/DH's family is. Now I know tons of them! I am surprised its not on the top names list.</p>

·
Registered
291 Posts
<p>The FB thing would really irritate me. Usually I try not to tell people what I am naming baby-to-be because of issues that arise, such as yours. I remember my MIL told me I couldn't name dd Abigail because SIL had "reserved" that name for her future dd (she was not even pregnant at the time!). After this, I never spoke about names again. LOL</p>

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
<p>luv_my_babes- my SIL (not the one pregnant) tried that with the boys name we picked. I told her luckily there can be more than one baby with the same name so it doesn't matter. She wasn't to happy about it but she isn't even in a relationship and who knows if her husband/boyfriend/whatever will like the name when she finds someone.</p>

·
Registered
971 Posts
<p>Aubrey is my number one favorite name!!!  you have to go with what you love.  we picked names that were unpopular and then a year later everyone was naming their kids the same name.........you cant win.</p>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts