Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Isn't that horrible! I would say to the baby "hey, come on, momma is starting to freak".

I second the cold drink (coke always seemed to work) to get baby moving.

*HUGS*

·
Registered
621 Posts
Orange juice always works for me/us, but any excuse for ice cream is a good one. I'll be sending baby flutter thoughts your way, Deux. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hasn't been moving ALL day? As in, no movements at all? I wouldn't like that...any updates? You could try waking the baby...put dried beans in an old soup can, cover the top with plastic or wax paper and a rubber band, and hold it down next to your belly and shake. It should wake the baby up and you should get a response. If not, I'd have it checked out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You know, 24 hours before my daughter was born she completely stopped moving. I freaked out, the midwife freaked out and came over, found heart tones. We found out what had happened. My placenta was along the back and she flipped to face back...so we couldn't feel her movements any more.

I drank coffee, ate ice cream, the works. She just wanted to freak her mother out.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
S/he has been a little more active... haven't called the mw yet, but if I don't feel the regular INSANE amount of activity by tomorrow morning, I'm going to call for sure.

Yeek. Stressing too much, maybe.

The ice cream was good

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
S/he has been a little more active... haven't called the mw yet, but if I don't feel the regular INSANE amount of activity by tomorrow morning, I'm going to call for sure.

Yeek. Stressing too much, maybe.

The ice cream was good

All three of my DDs were pretty quiet when it was getting really close to the birth. As long as your DC passes the kick count (10 movements within an hour) it should be fine . . .but there is no harm in calling the MW if you have even the slightest concern!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I've been having slow and busy days with this little one lately. I was concerned the first day I noticed decreased movement and since I'm being monitored for low fluid volume, they gave me 2 NSTs this week. Baby passed with flying colors each time. So, for me, I'm not going to worry about slow days as long as baby is responsive. Several times a day I'll drink something cold, or lie down, or even poke the baby (
) and as long as he moves I feel fine about it.

Keep us up to date!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I know every baby/every pregnancy is different, but I've noticed my little one has slowed down the movements (intensity and amount) in the last week or two. There are whole days I feel nothing, then the next few days almost non-stop movement (but not hard). I just figure that's how my baby is, although I, too, always worry during those "down" periods! Last night, however, there was a major baby boogie going on in there and it was freaking me out!
Never that crazy before, so of course I worried about that, too! Worry if the baby moves, worry if s/he doesn't! Story of my life!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Glad to read others have experienced less frequent and intense movement - I was getting a bit worried at times too. I feel stuff all the time, just not as dramatic as before. Come out baby, much more room out here!

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
LOL that's what I say, too!

Come out! Roomier! Space! I promise it won't be that bad!

For the record, babe is back to his/her usual kickboxing self.
Whew! glad babe is moving again! I had some scares like that toward the end, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.