Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned to work last week and was not sure if my babysitter would go for using CDs on DD2. She is an older lady from El Salvador and has a lifetime of experience with children (her own of course plus working in day care). I am pretty sure she did cloth with her older children, but that was way back (they are all adults). Anyway, I brought a variety of diapers on the first day for her to try (pfs, fitteds, and AIOs). She hasn't said specifically, but she mostly uses the pfs so I think she likes those the best. She told me this morning that she really likes the Snappis, she was pretty impressed with how well they worked. She had a few blowouts the first couple of days so I gave her some tips on folding the pfs. I am so happy she agreed to do it and is actually impressed with how far things have evolved since she did it with her kids!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
when I showed my mom my huge stash of diapers for my son, incl prefolds, snappis, and pockets...she was like "wow..snappis are way cool!!!"
Then she came for the summer for 2w when DS was about 18m, and she used diapers all day (I had to work) and washed them for me.
she was ALL about the pockets. LOL.

I've found the snappi is like sliced bread to the old school prefold/flat users....at first!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yeah, my babysitter didn't bat an eye when she discovered dd was in cloth diapers. She has had a bit of a learning curve on getting the snaps done up tight enough though

We will see how it goes at Christmastime with my parents who never hesitated to change a sposie on my older kids, but are completely shocked that we chose to cd our 3rd.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That is super! I actually intentionally DON'T mention CD'ing when I interview babysitters. I recently hired a lovely pt nanny. I didn't want to scare her off, so didn't mention CD until the day she started, LOL. She actually said to me "I think you are a better mom for using these diapers" --- awwww! How sweet is THAT????

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
funny, both grandparents get a big kick out of the cloth diapers. My mom really goes nuts for the mini shower.

BUT, MIL and FIL have trouble w the FBs. His exact words were- get me some rags and pins and I wont have any trouble!! But his son will, so I got some HHs w the aplix and now everyone is happy the few times they need to change diapers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That is so neat! I know when my mom first saw my cd's and that you didn't have to actually pin the prefold, you could use a cover, she was well, shocked, and bummed they didn't have anything that fancy when she had babies, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.