Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started maybe 10 days ago and has really picked up speed. Today it ahd happened at least 6 times. Movement is active today, too.

I would describe the sound as a tiny pop, as if my baby were cracking a little baby knuckle from inside. At first I though it might be my pelvic area loosening and popping, but it doesn't seem like it is coming from that low.

WHAT IS THIS??????

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
DD did this. Starting around the final month, every time she kicked in utero, I would hear a clicking/popping type of sound. At the time, I was seeing a mainstream OB, and he looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned it to him. I had no idea what it was, but I knew I wasn't imagining it.

After DD was born, I realized it was her shoulder that was making that sound. It clicked every time it moved a certain way. I mentioned it to my ped, who was actually able to observe the clicking at one point, and she was not concerned. She guessed it would stop after a couple of months, and it did.

DD is now a happy, well-adjusted 2 1/2 yr old with perfectly mobile shoulders.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So strange - this just happened to me tonight before I even read this thread. At first I thought it was my stomach gurgling but it totally coincided with the baby moving (vs the baby moving in response).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.