Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "B" shaped belly. Like, from a side view, I have a top belly and a bottom belly. It goes in kinda at my bellybutton. I want to look like I am carrying around a basketball, not a sack of potatoes! Of course, everything above my bellybutton is just fat and organs, I think.... but with DD, my belly was a B shape the whole time, right till the day I had her.

Can anyone commisserate?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Well I bet you still have a bellybutton to speak of
Mine has been all but obliterated--it's like a stretch-mark radiation point
:

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you got a high enough maternity panel (one of those ones that goes all the way to the top), it would probably smooth your B into D.

Right now, I feel more like a burrito than a basketball....

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YAY! I am so glad I am not alone. I look like a whale in my chef coat at work... like, my coat goes over my boobs and then straight down- no sign of anything but me being a big blob. This is my fourth pregnancy and my bellybutton has never stuck out- but I have seen women with a giant bellybutton sticking out like a small, third boob. (no offense to anyone!) Maybe I should be grateful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kerri-

Don't worry, it's the chef coats... they make my husband look like a black and white blob too!

I'm now a firm believer in the Kohl's tummy panel, it actually gives me a bump, everything else just cuts my bump in 1/2 and makes me look chunky not cute and knocked up!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm also a full panel girl. Motherhood has these pants, Secret Belly I think? Instead of a panel it's like a little piece of really strong pantyhose to go over the belly. My belly is pretty round, but I can't wear anything that cuts it in half. I detest the low rise styles for that reason. I have too much squish for them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a B belly too... Gotta love full panel shorts! Minimizes the B

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am 19 weeks along and look like I did at 36+ weeks with my first child...sigh. It's gonna be a long pregnancy....I have a very round, obviously pregnant belly, so that's good. But it's just so soon!!!! I wanted to stay a decent size for a bit longer, but I guess with number 4, all bets are off. Sigh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts