Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to bizarre to me. Yesterday was the second month anniversary of my miscarriage. Emotionally I'm done grieving and I want to stay that way. Rationally, I'm OK. Most of the month I can think of the baby without being overwhelmed with sadness--the miscarriage just is part of my history and it wasn't fun it was life and these things happen is how I usually feel.

But I realized last night after completely falling apart that every time the 26th rolls around, my body goes back to what it was doing just before the miscarriage. Feeling depressed, bone-tired, sore, unmotivated, general malaise. By the time I get to the date I'm a complete wreck and I have no clue why until usually the next day when I look at the calendar and think "Duh, so that's why I melted into a puddle".
It didn't help that this month I also had what I assumed was a period the week before the anniversary.

I'm thinking I need to mark the calendar for July so I can remember to warn myself and dh what's coming.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It has surprised me how much of a memory my body seems to have, aside from my mental and emotional states.

(((HUGS)) mama. Hopefully, being aware will enable the day to pass gently for you next month.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
thinking of you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts