Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Okay, it's disgusting. My nursing tank is from Target, but my boobs are just too big for it and create what looks like a thong across the front. Any suggestions for nursing tanks, or other types of nursing wear for some big boobies?????</p>

·
Registered
124 Posts
<p>Hah!  I have the same problem with mine.  I haven't tried it on yet, but my next purchase is going to be one of <a href="http:?id=414">these</a>.  It's not exactly my size (34H), but it's got to be better than the rest of them out there.</p>

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
<p>Bravado make expensive but great tanks. <a href="http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-essential-nursing-bra-tank" target="_blank">http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-essential-nursing-bra-tank</a></p>

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
<p>target makes two styles of tanks.. one is side sling or something and the other is full sling.  this is probably far from helpful but i experience that problem with one style and not the other but they are so old i do not remember which is which.  you might give the style that is different from yours (sorry!) a shot and see if that helps.  i just wear the ones that do that with stuff that doesn't show the thong.</p>

·
Registered
125 Posts
<p>For the record, I am in a 34J right now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I love Glamourmom's Large Bust tanks for around the house. They're expensive, but fit pretty well, and no whale tail.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That being said, it is not supportive enough for me (vs a regular bra). So if I'm going out, and want a nursing tank to go under my shirt (for NIP, or pumping at work) - I have fallen in love with Undercover Mama's. It is essentially a halter top (without the straps) that hooks onto your nursing bra.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry, I'm not sure how to put links in here, but just do a google search and you can probably find both websites. I had to order them both online, but I also live in the middle of nowhere and have to order most things online.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jenni</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
673 Posts
<p>I have two Bravados (pp linked upthread). They were spendy, but I literally wore one/washed one every day from when DD was ~9mos until a few months ago (she's 19mos). I was kind about washing them and they held up incredibly well. I'm busty, too, and they fit better and more comfy than any nursing bra I've tried (or real bra, frankly, but I'm not a bra person, so yymv) I only stopped wearing them bc my pregnant belly is too big. I intend to start wearing them as soon as my postpartum flab will allow :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I really liked the Glamourmom Large Bust tank thru the bust, HOWEVER, I'm really short torso'd and even their 'short' was too long for me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA: had to add, the title of this thread had me cracking up, bc I know exactly what you are talking about!</p>

·
Registered
137 Posts
<p>Yes, I'm in love with the Bravado tanks, I wear them pretty much every day!  They go all the way up to an F/G, which is what I have.  The Target nursing tanks didn't fit at all. </p>

·
Registered
608 Posts
<p>Haha - I had that exact problem. I ditched those tanks and switched to wearing regular tanks that were stretchy enough to pull down under my boobs, paired with mostly Hot Milk nursing bras. (I have tried every nursing bra that comes in a G/H on the market. I tried the Bravado nursing tanks but found them not supportive enough for my giant boobs, and they also gave me uniboob.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Hot Milk bras, if you shop around, are relatively reasonably priced, and made of nice materials. They have kind of ridiculous names ("Bound by her desire" and stuff like that) but are basically comfy, supportive, cotton, underwire-free bras with STURDY nursing clips, and the bras themselves can take a laundry beating. The bras are then gussied up with lace overlays and what-have-you, but underneath they're kind of like non-boob-flattening sports bras.</p>

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
<p>Ahh... I saw this title and thought, that's how to define my problem! I have a target tank I bought with high hopes, but I don't wear it. I have massive boob thong issues in it. Instead, I just wear tank tops, mostly my maternity tanks, that are big enough to pull down under my breast, and a nursing bra. The other day I layered to t-shirts and forgot a tank. Then nursed in public with my post-partum, I've had three kids belly all hanging out. Erm... yeah, not forgetting the tank again!</p>

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
<p>LOL I only wear my nursing tanks with a hoodie or other open shirt over them (I use a nursing bra under work clothes), but I wanted to second the PP that mentioned the 2 different types of sling in the Target tanks.  I didn't have a preference until DS started grabbing and yanking hard on that 'thong' part while nursing!  The other style doesn't have that material across the top & between, so would prob work better for this issue as well.</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts