Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my two one year olds are both toddling and crawling around, and they keep falling and hitting their heads. its making me nervous, and i try to catch them before they hit the floor. but sometimes they hit with a loud thud, and i am afraid they are going to be brain damaged. is this common or are my boys a little clumsy (like their mommy)?

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
they're normal & so are you! i'm always thinking of the worst-case scenario. i'm always amazed at how resiliant dd is! it WILL get better! (she's 14 mos now & falls less, so that's something. however, she's faster, so i'm not sure which is better!)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
My ds is 14 months and still falls constantly. He had sucha bad fall a few weeks ago we had to call 911. He knocked himself out. And watching it (it happened too fast for me to catch him, but felt like it was in slow motion) it looked like it would have been the least of his falls. He was leaning over the couch and fell on his face. He falls and hits his head harder than that all the time! ANd he gets awful looking bruises and everytime one goes away he gets another. He just got another one tonihgt. It looks horrible. I'm afraind someone's going to call cps on me!

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
DD used to fall all the time. DH wanted to get her helmet. I bought a soft thing for around the coffe table and no sooner did it arrive that DD got more stable and she never really falls that hard anymore. Now she trips here and there but not that head banging hard fall.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
It will get worse...but the bruises seem to migrate from the head to the shins...my 4.5 y/o always has little bruises on his shins from climbing stuff and jumping off the couch etc etc. :LOL :LOL He thinks he's superman :LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts