Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i am sitting at my desk, trying my very best to fight off the yawns- totally impossible! i can't do anything, it seems, except think about how much i want to go to sleep! i am getting no work done... is anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I was working full time when pg with dd, and I spent a lot of time sleeping at my desk
. I would turn my laptop so my back faced the opening into my cube, rest my head on my hand, and sleep. The need was so powerful, I was unable to resist. It really sucked. But now I am home with a toddler who needs my attention all day every day (no locking myself in the bathroom for 20 minutes to get away from everything like I would at work
), and has also decided to drop HER nap most days
:. I can't decide which is worse

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
2pm, i'm toast. i NEED a break then!

so what i do if the kids are up is to lock us all in one room with toys they don't usually see and let them jump all over the bed, me, etc for 20 minutes or so while i close my eyes (mostly, lol) and lay down and rest. . . . sleep isn't going to happen when the boys like to jump on/over/around me. . ..fetal position seems to be safest at this time, lol. . ..

i've been working VERY hard at encouraging a consistent rest/nap time and for the most part, it's working but there are always exceptions to the 'plan'. . .

i keep the boys separated during this nap time - that has caused the most success. if they're together, they continually surge with energy. . . .

my older son ( 3 1/2) now expects the routine and fusses and balks at the walk up the steps, but once we're at his bedroom door, he's all ready to give his little brother and me hugs and kisses, then i tuck him in, kiss him some more - giving him his sippie cup, his library books and a small toy. most of the time, he'll end up falling asleep about 30 minutes later - after 'reading' his books for a while. . .

my nursling is teething something fierce so it's more challenging to get him to nurse and then sleep but after about 40 minutes, i'm successful.

that's when i then start running around cleaning up all the chaos they caused, lol and then after the worst parts are done, i come back upstairs and lay down to rest for 20-30 minutes - if the boys are still snoozing. . .. if not, i do aforementioned plan of toy and i am living junglegym for 20 minutes, lol.

bettyann

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
In the afternoons I tend to just plop on the couch and try to do some more work on a crochet blanket I am making for DD. Half the time she just runs around the house like a madman having a blast, and the other half I have to put my work down and play like there's no tomorrow because she's bored.

Sometimes I've been known to nod off if I go and lay down in the bed while she plays in the bedroom. I've been seen waking as dad follows her into the bedroom to find me half asleep.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Here's me as we were trying to leave the house today for an appt.

"Honey where are my keys?" scramble, bumble, run around the house

DH "They're in your hand"

This was followed by me trying to find ten other things that I had already packed in the diaper bag.

I feel so scattery.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes, it's true!

I've warned everyone that my IQ has dropped 20 points. I sounded like I had Alzheimer's when my sister was visiting today...

"Oh, did I tell you about..."
"Yeah, five times today already"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.