Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the title didn't tip you off, take heed! TMI, ahead!

I did the typical, "just got home" routine, after work today...

Got a bottle of water from fridge.
Took off work clothes, took off bra.
Put on sweats.
Sit down.

THEN!!!!! suddenly, as if they were lying in wait to ambush me as soon as they were unleashed from my bra, I notice the throbbing pain in my breasts (which have been pretty sensitive and achey from week 2 or 3, and quietly nagging me most of today) They felt like they were going to drill up through my chest and start spraying me with bullets.

The darned things were rock hard and felt like they were on fire.

DH didn't mind coming home to see me massaging the heck out of them, but that's beside the point. I certainly wasn't enjoying myself. I literally had to ice those suckers down, before I got any relief, and now, a couple of hours later, they're actually starting to act up again.

So, OK.... anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? Commiseration? -misery loves company, you know.

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Could you have already gotten a mastitis infection??? This early? Yikes. Well, hope it's gone now, but if not, massage in a nice hot steamy shower might help. That got me through two bouts of mastitis. Good luck & feel better.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
It is possible to get mastitis, even if you are not actively lactating (according to my trustworthy PA friend). I would ice and/or take hot showers...whichever is of comfort to you. If you don't get some relief soon, or if you develop a raging fever, I would get it checked out by someone.

Maybe even some cabbage leaves in your bra (I can't hurt
)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts